Are we there yet

                                                       Are we there yet?

“Great, you’ve got to be kidding me” I said, very annoyed by this problem

“What is already, this is like the third time you’ve been complaining about little things” Mum looked at me very concerned.

“Yeah, I know, but this one is a big problem” I complained

“Oh, really sweet heart, what is it?” I know Mum was being sarcastic, so then I just looked in my bag to get the charger for my IPhone.

“NNOOOO!” I screamed.

“What’s the matter” My dad asked 

“I left my charger at home,” I said, pushing everything away in my bag, so I can find my charger.

“Oh please, that’s not such a big problem” Mum looked at me, thinking that  wasn’t very important.

“Okay, fine here use my charger” Mum said, giving her charger. I was so pleased.


It’s been 2 hours ever since we have left home, and we were surrounded by cars.

“Are we there yet?” I asked, feeling overheated.

“No Karly, we are not even close” My mum replied.

“It’s so hot can you turn on the air con please” I pleased

“Okay” My mum was looking angry

While I was looking at my phone, feeling the refreshing air, and that's when it hitted me.

“Umm, Mum, Dad,” I said

“What happen Karly” My mum asked 

“I really need to go to the loo” I replied. I knew this was a bad timing because we were in the middle of traffic, and it’s been going on for like 30 minutes. 

“Karly, you’re gonna just have to hold it in, til we get out of this traffic” dad told me, hoping I wouldn’t wet my jeans, because I was feeling the same way. 

Finally we got out of the traffic and we were heading straight for the gas station. 


After I finish doing, you know. I went outside feeling relieved but it didn’t last for long. And this is what happened, when I was about to hop inside the car, I noticed that my sister, asleep, lying in my seat. I lifted her head to her spot so I could get inside. But I was struggling to even get inside. 

“Mum, Karlia won’t move her head” I complained to Mum

“Okay, I’m coming” Mum replied.


After when Karlia moved her annoying head I could finally sit down. While we were driving it was completely boring, cause all I could see is animals, trees, and houses every single time, I really wanted to see something exciting, something interesting, but instead I am seeing the same scenery.

I’m still bored so I asked Karlia if she wanted to play “I Spy” with me.

“Okay, who’s going first?” Karlia asked

“I’ll go first, thank you” I replied

“I spy with my little eye, something beginning with S” I said, hoping she would not get the answer, so I could tell her.

“Hmmmm, Shops” Karlia guessed

“Nope” I replied

“Ummmm, Straws” Karlia guest, again.

“And nope, do you give up?” I asked

“Yeah” Karlia replied

“STUPID” I shouted to her. I hoped this got her.

“That’s mean, MUM, Karly saying that I’m stupid” Karlia complained to Mum.

“Karly, don’t say that to your sister, she’s your older sister, and you should treat her how you wanted to be treated” My Mum said, looking at us very angry. 

I was really hoping for this journey to end because I just wanted to lay on my bed. But we weren’t even half way to our surprise.

3 hours later

We are FINALLY THERE, but I was wondering what this place is. 

“TADA!” My dad exclaimed, “We are at your favourite cousins house!” My Mum exclaimed 

We went to their house, knocking on the door, but this wasn’t what I expected. 

“Ummm, hello there?” A stranger greeted

“Ummm, Who are you?” My Dad asked

“Ummm, I’m Miss Karla Davis, but you can call me Karly, I just moved to this neighborhood” Karla Davis replied.

“So what happened to the people that used to live here.” My Mum asked, very curious. 

“Oh, umm they left to New York for the holidays, so I’m just here protecting the house until they come back” Karla Davis replied

“WHAT!” I screamed


                                !THE END!    

Comments

  1. I like your ending because it is unexpected, it was a surprise.
    You have set out the dialogue between your characters very clearly so it is easy to read.
    Long car journeys with young children can be a real pain.
    Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your story because it was like me and my fam went for a holiday at queentown we went in a car :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like you when you looked for your IPhone charger and you can't fine it
    so you have your yours mum charger
    and your aittduse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iike you ending it was good

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the ending

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the ending

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

100 Word Challenge

Turangawaewae