Turangawaewae

                                                           Turangawaewae

I wake up in a beautiful morning feeling refreshed, pull the curtains using my hands as a shield, blocking the sun from flashing in my eyes, seeing the sun climbing up. I feel the fresh breeze going through my nose and my short-long hair. 


I smell the delicious food, my mouth waters. I get drawn to it.


My Turangawaewae is my home. You think it is basic, but my home means alot to me. 

I feel love, safe and comfortable. Whenever I feel hurt, there is always someone in my family there for me. Whenever I feel sad, there is always someone in my family there to cheer me on. When I feel scared or unsafe, there is always someone there to make me feel safe.


As the sunset climbs back down I hear our next-door neighbor practicing their dance. I think they’re having a blast.  


As I go inside I feel the coldness on my hand as I drink the cooling water.


Comments

  1. The Learning Intention was sharing as many of the senses as we can. You ceratinly have done that, well done. I love the way you are writing in paragraphs. I like the way you start with the sun going up, and end with the sun going down. That ties it al together nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are we there yet

100 Word Challenge