The day things goes missing.

  In an orange and reddish sunset, I was lying on the couch reading a fantastic book. I looked at dad throwing the pillows everywhere, the chairs were upside down, this living room was turning into a dump or a garbage bin. 

“Where’s the remote, you were the last one who was in touch with the remote last?!” Dad asked, slowly getting angry. I never knew that dad was going to be this mad just because the remote is missing. 

“I don’t know,” I replied. I was too busy with my book, I was on the best part of the work. 

“WHERE? IS? IT?” My dad was frustrated.

“I DON’T KNOW!” I replied, getting very annoyed. 

I continued reading my book until a detailed pillow went smashing into my face.

“Hey, what was that for?” I looked at dad.

“Can you at least help me find the remote?” My dad said, on the couch, it looked like he was about to cry.

“You know, You could’ve just asked in the first place” I replied, I stood up and helped dad to try and find the remote.

We continued ruining the place and we looked in the draws, but we just couldn’t find the remote.



I was eating breakfast in the morning.

“Bye sweethearts I’m going to work now,” Mum said before she shut the door. 

A few minutes later mum knocked on the door, I rushed to go open the door. Mum comes inside asking “Where are the car keys?” 

“I’m not sure” I replied

“Becky, you should know where the car keys are because I told you to put away the car keys,” Mum said in an angry tone. I felt like my mum was talking a bunch of drivel. 

“Well, don’t ask me, cause I don’t know, ask someone who might know where the car keys are,” I said, getting very annoyed so I stomped my feet on the ground and went into my room and slammed the door. 

Why do I keep on getting blamed? First dad thinks that I lost the remote even though I didn’t have the remote last, and second mum thinks that I lost the car keys though I had no idea whatsoever of where the car keys would be.  


I continued reading my book and decided to try and finish off the book before tomorrow.

“BECKY!” My sister shouted across the hallway. 

“What” I dragged my voice. 

“Where are my sunglasses?” My sister came storming into the room.

“I don’t know?” I shrug my shoulders.

“What do you mean you ‘Don’t know” My sister said looking straight into my eyes.

“Look inside your room” I gave some advice to her, hoping she would listen so she wouldn’t have to make a fuss about it.


My sister left the room. Finally, I thought she would never leave. I was on the last page of the book. 

“BECKY!” My sister shouted across the hallway. Oh dear…

“What” I dragged my voice.

“Where are the sunglasses, you stole them did you? You stole them because you want to be just like me. Don’t you?” My sister looked like she was about to cry. But it didn’t really matter to me. 

“No,” I said in an angry tone. My sister left the room just leaving me reading my book. 


I was looking out the window at the glorious scenery, while I was enjoying the scenery, my sister came bursting through the door.

“Becky, where’s my phone?” My sister asked.

“Why do you keep on asking me?” I replied I was also getting very annoyed,

“The reason why I’m asking you is because I know that you just want to be like me so that’s why I know that you have my phone” 

“I’ll just call it to see where it might be,” I said, grabbing the phone.

RING RING RING

“Oh would you look at that, you’re finding it inside your room,” My sister said.

We looked inside the room, throwing the pillows, grabbing the blankets, flipping the mattress, but we just couldn’t find it. I looked inside the draws to see if it was inside there, just like the remote. 

“Here it is, I found it,” I said, grabbing the phone and giving it to my sister. My sister just walked away, I thought she was going to thank you, but instead, she just walked away, eh, who cares anyway. 

I was eating my dinner until my parents said

“Don’t eat yet go get change because we are taking you to a fancy restaurant to say sorry for blaming everything on you. “




Comments

  1. Great story, Angelica. Good use of the rule of three... "throwing the pillows everywhere, the chairs were upside down, this living room was turning into a dump or a garbage bin." I like the way your story builds with each new person repeating what the person before had done i.e. blame you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are we there yet

100 Word Challenge

Turangawaewae